Main Menu

Welcome Guest

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Search

Author Topic: test site Header  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Jim Axman

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Year_Model: 1936 Packard 120b
test site Header
« on: January 30, 2009, 06:35:52 AM »
Ever since the April 2008 crash of our forum, I've been running a backup site, which I use to test modifications and work on Themes.   

Additionally, Des backs up the active forum data, and I have recently backed up the images off the server.
John Ellis backs up the Sightings applications.

The test site does not have the forum images loaded, but has the placard of where they go. 

http://www.170220.com/bbb/index.php?action=forum

I've been learning how to alter themes lately and on a mission to try and find a suitable Header image for a new theme I'm working on.   

Does anyone out there in cyberspace have a narrow (in height) period/historic or other 170220 type image that might work for a header?   It has to be approx 1000 wide x 180 high  in pixels.  I can alter it somewhat, but notice that when an image is elongated in width or height, it distorts the image to a great extent.  If you hover a mouse over an image, it will generally show the pixel size, also you can right click on properties to find the size (width and length) of the image.   Images can be altered in photshop, cropped, etc... but unless you have lots of sky or ground, some cropped images are rather obviously altered.

If you have any possible image examples, please attach them in a reply to this message.   

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 06:48:09 AM by Jim Axman »

Offline CraigS

• My current project - Tatra 600 (Tatraplan)
Re: test site Header
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 11:05:18 AM »
Any good ?

Offline Scott Montoney

• Administrator
  • 1952 - 220 Cab B
  • Exterior Color: Black
  • Interior color: Red
  • VIN #: 187.013.04370/52
  • Year_Model: '52 220 Cab B
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 02:00:09 PM »
Maybe something with our logo, a photo or drawing of a 170_ to the left of the logo and a 220 to the right of the logo and then the Heading Text worked in there somehow??
Anyone a graphic artist?  (Or know of one that will work within our budget? (0$))

I just attached a quick sample. 
Nothing fancy yet.  No text and limited color.
Is this the kind of thing you're thinking off???
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 09:30:56 AM by Scott Montoney »
"Gertrude" a.k.a. "Troidl"
1952 - 220 Cabriolet B

Offline Jim Axman

• Administrator
  • Year_Model: 1936 Packard 120b
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 10:05:35 AM »
I think this is what I more had in mind.....add separate images in a banner with a logo, seems the way to go; opens more possibilities.  Thanks Craig and Scott for responding.