Main Menu

Welcome Guest

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Search

Author Topic: header  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Jim Axman

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Year_Model: 1936 Packard 120b
header
« on: March 04, 2009, 08:15:04 PM »
Good news-bad news.   I've decided to dump the header/banner and return to a previous motiff of the name header, which is much easier to control in Style sheets for horizontal positioning (especially in our forum case where there is a sitemap on the left).  We have plenty of images of cars already on the site, so the absence of  2 more in the header would not be significant.  It's more important to have a workable header for page resizing.

That's the bad news. 

The good news, is I've decided we should be appropriately titled:  Mercedes Benz 170-220 International club Website, primarily because our subscribers are on a "global scale".     As our opening statement disclaims on the frontpage "We are an internet related group of owners, prospective owners and aficionados from around the world".  ... and even though we not legally organized as a club per se' (such as the 3-0-0 international gullwing group), we are joined together with common interest and connected electronically.   Maybe some day, long after I'm gone, there will be a legalized international official 170-220 Group and they will meet on an international scale in body.   
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 08:16:39 PM by Jim Axman »

Offline Stephen Dietrich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Exterior Color: Yellow
  • Interior color: Black
  • Year_Model: 170 Da OTP
Re: header
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 02:35:01 PM »
I did a country count and currently we have 179 members from 31 different countries. It is unfortunate  the wealth of knowledge contained within this group maybe be limited because of language differences.
Stephen Dietrich
1952 MBZ 170Da OTP
1952 MBZ 300 Cabriolet
1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
1962 Porsche 356B Super