Main Menu

Welcome Guest

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Search

Author Topic: site was down this morning  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Jim Axman

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Year_Model: 1936 Packard 120b
site was down this morning
« on: April 10, 2009, 04:05:53 PM »
a bit of a scare this morning....site was down.    I thought we might have had another attack.   In working with the server host, apparently, there were hung processes on the apache service that caused the apache service to crash.  This resulted in downtime for our site on that apache service. 

I also ran a repair on the mysql message table which helped.   
Things seem to be back to normal, unless there people having a problem getting in.
I had to delete my cookies and browser history and start clean.

I still need to setup an emergency status utility someday soon...that posts a website or forum status to the site. 

thanks everyone for their patience

Offline strelnik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Soon the restoration begins!
  • Exterior Color: grey but soon burgundy and black
  • Interior color: blue but soon burgundy
  • Year_Model: 1950_170S_D
Re: site was down this morning
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 10:15:46 AM »
a bit of a scare this morning....site was down.    I thought we might have had another attack.   In working with the server host, apparently, there were hung processes on the apache service that caused the apache service to crash.  This resulted in downtime for our site on that apache service. 

I also ran a repair on the mysql message table which helped.   
Things seem to be back to normal, unless there people having a problem getting in.
I had to delete my cookies and browser history and start clean.

I still need to setup an emergency status utility someday soon...that posts a website or forum status to the site. 

thanks everyone for their patience

Jim,
I for one, think that you do such a great job on this website that if there IS a hiccup for some reason, the inconveience would be minimal compared to the benefits which we derive from your work.

Darryl
Das Beste oder nichts!