Main Menu

Welcome Guest

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Search

Author Topic: 1926 Mercedes-Benz 200 Stuttgart  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Ted

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Year_Model: 1939 230/W153, 1940 170v future porject
1926 Mercedes-Benz 200 Stuttgart
« on: May 16, 2010, 01:59:01 PM »
Today was the biggest yearly gathering of old cars and among them all, for the first year was shown this beautiful car! It was imported in 1930 and since then it is in the same family! The man who imported it gave it to his relative and that man /now 85/ still keeps it! As said, this year it participated for the first time in the show. The car is known in the antique cars world, but in the last decades rarely left the garage and only a few people saw it.

This car is in very interesting condition, with lots of originality. Has been repainted, some of the upholstery has been re-done, the trafficators were lost through the years so ordinary direction lights added on the front and ugly lights added on the back of the car. The coil is new. The sparks and cables are probably replaced, too. All the rest /99% of the car/  looks original! Complete with all instruments, handles, hooks, lamps inside, just the cigarette lighter needs to be fixed. And not only inside, but the outside is also complete with the emblems, data plates, etc. And the engine - wow! Starts at a quarter turn and I think I have not seen a more silent one!!!!!!!!  :o  The most loud tone is the hissssssssing of the air intake. I am speechless, spent most of the time at that car!  ;)  :)

Offline Ted

• Year_Model: 1939 230/W153, 1940 170v future porject
Re: 1926 Mercedes-Benz 200 Stuttgart
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 02:00:40 PM »
More pictures

Offline Des

Re: 1926 Mercedes-Benz 200 Stuttgart
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 05:22:30 PM »
such a grand looking car, very nice