Main Menu

Welcome Guest

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Search

Author Topic: How to attach pictures to your forum post  (Read 4902 times)

Offline Des

• Trade Count: (0)
How to attach pictures to your forum post
« on: May 24, 2010, 01:21:57 AM »
Hello everyone

Some guidelines on how to attach photos to the forum:

-Firstly when you create a new topic, (see below) there is a link "Additional Options" if you click this, it gives you the option to attach a file, by clicking "Browse"

-If you have more than one file to attach you can click the "more attachments" option

-As a general rule, you should limit yourself to 10 pictures per post.

-Be mindful that if the photo has come directly from your digital camera it may be quite large in size, 1-2mb per picture.

-When attaching several photos, wait for the forum to return you to your post (click "Return to this topic" when adding files, and when the server has finished copying the pictures from your computer, to the 170220 server you will see your new post.

-A common problem encountered by people when adding files, is that the file name already exists on our server, e.g. "mercedes170.jpg"
As a rule of thumb, give your files a unique file name, e.g. 24_05_2010_mercedes170v001.jpg.............24_05_2010_mercedes170v002.jpg

This will ensure that the file name does not clash with another file already on the server.

-The sever may take up to 10 minutes to attach your pictures, so please wait as you attach pictures, to be returned to your original message.

-If you do still have problems, you can email me at: desmondlhay@gmail.com
with your pictures and I can add them to your forum post for you.

Any questions, please just ask.

Kind Regards
Des

Offline Mercute

• Year_Model: 1958 220S
Re: How to attach pictures to your forum post
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 07:57:56 PM »
Hi
As a newby to the forum can you explain how I can download or view attachments. I click on the paperclip icon but to no avail.

Thanks
Ross

Offline John Ellis

• Administrator
  • Exterior Color: Black
  • Interior color: Gray
  • VIN #: 136.060-00325/53
  • Year_Model: 1953 170Vb
Re: How to attach pictures to your forum post
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 08:32:29 PM »
Some of the pictures links on older posts have been corrupted when our site was attacked about 2 years ago.  If it is a newer post you can click on the paper clip or the picture itself.
John Ellis
1953 170Vb
1958 190
2007 Porsche Cayman