Main Menu

Welcome Guest

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Search

Author Topic: Diesel engine from ponton Mercedes for sale Wimberley Texas  (Read 213 times)

Offline merkurmaniac

• (0)
  • subscriber
I am clearing out some stuff in Wimberley Texas. I have a loose engine from a early 1960s ponton Mercedes diesel. My dad had bought it to use the accelerator pump from it and has since junked the car long ago. He owned to unibody Mercedes that he used to drive in the early 70s both were very Rusty and I know that he saved the engine from one of those. I am not sure what model year. Transmission may also be available.

Price for the engine is $400.

, Richard Thompson 713-859-2970

Offline Azryael

• (0)
  • Year_Model: 1951 170S
Re: Diesel engine from ponton Mercedes for sale Wimberley Texas
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 01:59:16 PM »
Richard,

I'm assuming it's a 4 cylinder motor. If there's a transmission that goes with it, and it turns over freely, I may be interested.

Josh

Offline merkurmaniac

• (0)
  • subscriber
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 04:48:18 PM »
This is the best picture that I have right now.  I'll be out in Wimberley this weekend moving some heavy equipment and could take a better picture.  This engine would be from a 180D.  I don't know much more about it than that.  I haven't tried to turn it over, but if it was seized, my dad would have junked it.  I could put a breaker bar on it and see what it does.  From the pic, looks like it has the air cleaner, and exhaust manifold, but no more exhaust that I am aware of. 

When I was a kid, my dad owned a yellow 180D and a black 180D.  Both were real rusty, even back in the 1970's.  I know that both were scrapped.  This engine is from one of those.  I am sure that they were scrapped due to rust, probably not from a bad engine.  I think that the yellow one had the control arm mount "rust loose" from the car, and my dad had to use a chain to be able to get home.  I think that then engines are very similar to the 170DS car that my dad worked on restoring.

Offline Azryael

• (0)
  • Year_Model: 1951 170S
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 06:11:45 PM »
I am definitely interested in that combo. The OM636 was fairly popular in the marine world (apparently still is) so parts should be available for refreshing if needed.

This would allow me to get my 170S which hasn't had any running gear since the 1970s moving without too much trouble.

Offline merkurmaniac

• (0)
  • subscriber
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 01:33:58 PM »
Hi hi, if you are able to come by this weekend that would work great because we are moving a bunch of heavy equipment and there will be Manpower and equipment to load the engine. I need to move it fairly soon. If you're not interested please let me know, and I will probably list it on eBay.