Main Menu

Welcome Guest

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Search

Author Topic: 1939 Mercedes-Benz Calendar Third Group  (Read 977 times)

Offline BrianWelton

• (0)
  • Year_Model: 1934 130.1936 170H
1939 Mercedes-Benz Calendar Third Group
« on: August 25, 2008, 12:02:47 AM »
In the final group from Europe the first image is in Finland.  With the new chassis on the Mercedes
truck.  Note the interesting combination of flags on the building. The 540K is 28,000RM at the works!
I think there are 170VK cars in one set and a G5.

Enjoy.

Offline vorkriegsmercedes

• (0)
Re: 1939 Mercedes-Benz G5
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 08:25:45 AM »
Hello Brian, thanks for sharing, a great calender!

The photo is not from a 170 VK, but from a Geländesport-Zweisitzer, it was built on different types like the 170 VS, SV and the 200 V but also on the 230SV.

The last photos are indeed from the Mercedes-Benz 200V W152  or   G5 , on the photos we see the Military version known as the Wehrmacht Kübelwagen.
Demos abroad, in Switzerland and elsewere .  Works drivers were real experst in cross-country driving and hardly ever got stuck, greatly impressing the spectators.
On the photos we see the same car, it has removable steeldoors., we they are removed they can put in the rear stowage compartment, there is made a little room for the doors here.
The vulnerable hub cabs on the 100 early models were  secured with leadher straps.
Incidentally, the 'proper' wheel discs were introduced at exactly the half-way mark of the third batch of the totall built of 378 G5 s.

The Mercedes-Benz G5 Kübelwagen is one of my favorites, my car is ordered in the same year 1939 and  was ordered by the Zweckverband Reichsparteitage Nürnberg, known as the Hiltler Partyrallys.

Hans